- Put the verbs in brackets into the right form.
- If you don’t stop (not stop) eating high-calorie food, you will gain (gain) weight.
- Your mum __________________ (not like) it if you __________________ (dye) your hair pink.
- You __________________ (get) sunburnt if you __________________ (stay) in the sun too long.
- We __________________ (be able to save) some money if we __________________ (wait) for another week and __________________ (buy) things on sale.
- If he __________________ (not feel) better soon, I __________________ (take) him to the doctor’s.
- Sandra’s taking part in a singing contest. If she __________________ (win), she __________________ (take) us all to the new restaurant for lunch.
- Don’t forget to buy something for the host family. You __________________ (make) a good impression if you __________________ (take) them a gift.
- She skis too fast. If she __________________ (not be) more careful, she __________________ (cause) an accident.
- If I __________________ (be) lucky, I __________________ (win) the jackpot.
- If you __________________ (be) hungry, we __________________ (stop) for a takeaway.
- Paraphrase the sentences using type 1 conditional clauses. More than one answer is possible.
- I hope the weather will stay fine tomorrow, so that we won’t have to cancel our barbecue.
If the weather gets worse, we’ll have to cancel our barbecue.
- Let’s go by plane. It’ll be faster than by train.
- I might miss the bus. In that case I’ll have to call my mum to pick me up.
- You’re late. I hope you won’t be late again next time. Otherwise, I’ll go home without you.
- Do your homework regularly and study more. This way I’m sure you’ll be able to pass the exam.
- I can’t find my mobile phone. I’m afraid I’ll have to buy a new one.
- Follow me and you won’t get lost.
- Laura should be here by now. I’ll wait for ten more minutes and then I’ll call her parents.
- Look at those clouds. I hope there won’t be a storm. I don’t want to go home yet.
- Our washing machine has broken down. I hope the repairman will fix it today. I really hate doing the washing by hand.
- You’re going to bed early tonight so you’ll be able to get up more easily tomorrow morning.