- For each situation write one sentence with the present perfect simple + for and one with the present perfect simple + since.
- We’ve got a caravan. My parents bought it in 2004.
We have had a caravan since 2004
We have had a caravan for years.
- David and Mary are married. They got married five years ago.
- My mum doesn’t eat bread. She stopped eating it last June.
- He’s ill. He fell ill a week ago.
- Sue works as a doctor. She started working in a hospital in 2006.
- Alex is my best friend. We met three years ago. (know)
- Make sentences with the superlative, ever and the present perfect. Use the words in brackets to help you.
- Greg’s my friend. (good / have)
He’s the best friend I’ve ever had.
- This exercise is a piece of cake. (easy / do)
- She’s a very friendly person. (nice / meet)
- What an amusing story! (funny / hear)
- This is a really boring film. (bad / see)
- She has very high goals. (ambitious person / know)
- Sally’s boyfriend gives her expensive gifts. (generous / she / have)
- Japanese is a difficult language. (hard / learn)
- These shoes are killing me. (least comfortable / wear)
- My sister is very neat. (tidy person / know)