Complete the sentences with the expressions in the box. Look at the instructions.
|cable download insert instructions on off plug port reader switched (2x)|
Bob: Hey, Mike! I’ve taken some photos and now I want to see them on my PC. How can I do that?
Mike: Why don’t you have a look at the 1instructions?
Bob: I thought you’d know what to do.
Mike: Alright, let me see. Is the computer 2_____________________?
Bob: Yes. I 3_____________________ it on five minutes ago.
Mike: And the camera? Is it 4_____________________?
Bob: Of course not. I want to use it.
Mike: It says here it must be off. See?
Bob: Alright, I’ve 5_____________________ it off. Now what?
Mike: Take the cable and connect the large 6_____________________ into the USB 7_____________________ of the computer.
Bob: Which one?
Mike: It doesn’t matter. Then 8_____________________ the small plug into the terminal of the camera.
Bob: It doesn’t fit!
Mike: You must have the wrong 9_____________________ then!
Bob: Now what? This is the only one I’ve got!
Mike: Are you sure?
Steve: Hi guys. What are you doing?
Bob: Hi Steve. We’re trying to 10_____________________ some photos from the camera. But we’ve just realized we haven’t got the right cable!
Steve: Why aren’t you using the memory card 11_____________________?
Mike: You’re right. Problem solved. Come on, Steve, let’s go. See you later, Bob!
Bob: Hey, wait guys! I don’t really know what you mean by that .
- Complete Joe’s email with the words from the box.
|antivirus backup crashed firewall format install off online rebooted switched uninstall worked|
I’m writing from Jeremy’s house. I’m here because he has allowed me to use his computer. This is really annoying. You know how much work I do on my computer and right now I can’t even use it. My brother borrowed it the other day and when he was playing a stupid game 1online (against some friends of his), he felt that it was too slow. To make it a bit faster he shut down the 2_____________________ program, 3_____________________ and everything! When I got back from my basketball practice the computer was switched 4_____________________ .
I 5_____________________ it on, but it took ages before it started. And even then, every program I tried to use, 6_____________________ within a minute or two. Nothing 7_____________________. I wanted to write my English essay, but I couldn’t. I thought I had too many programs installed, so I tried to 8_____________________ some I didn’t really need. I couldn’t. The computer 9_____________________ in the middle of the process. I tried hard to make it work, but in the end I had to 10_____________________ the hard drive.
I need to 11_____________________ the operating system again now and all the programs that I want to use. And all that because my brother prefers my computer to his own! Which is now also broken, by the way! I’m lucky it’s only been a week since I last made a 12____________________ on my external drive.
I must finish my essay by the day after tomorrow and I’ve just started working on it! Mr Brown won’t like it if I’m late again.
Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a line and say hi. I should get back to my essay now.
- Look at the words and parts of words in the box. Put them together to make words that complete the sentences.
- The wilderness is full of the unknown. You should be careful, some animals can be really dangerous.
- When we destroy the environment, we _____________________ the animals that live there. Some species may survive, but others may disappear.
- People don’t usually think of protecting snakes, but the king cobra is on the list of _____________________ species, just like the great panda.
- I hate it when people throw away things that are still _____________________, just because they don’t look nice any more.
- Use things again if possible. In other words: _____________________
- Some waste materials can be made into new objects. We can _____________________ plastic, for example, that’s why we collect it separately from other waste.
- Paper and glass are also _____________________. We can use waste glass to make new bottles and waste paper for new paper products.
- These paper towels are made from _____________________ paper. That’s why they are greyish not white.