- Write the sentences in a different way. Use the present perfect and just, already, yet or never.
- The windows are clean, now she’s going to wash the curtains.
She’s already cleaned the windows but she hasn’t washed the curtains yet.
- The baby fell asleep a few moments ago.
The baby has____________________________________________________
- “I declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” (get married)
- Tom doesn’t know how to bake a cake.
Tom has _________________________________________________________________
- The animal programme started a few minutes ago.
The animal programme has___________________________________________
- I’ve got four postcards from Tim from Canada but none from the USA. I hope to get some. (receive)
- She doesn’t know what it feels like to break a bone.
- The students must study the future tenses. They don’t know much about them.
- The WEEE Man was installed in 2005 but it looks much better today. Paul Bonomini replaced and repaired some parts of the WEEE Man in 2009. (Paul Bonomini/improve)
Paul Bonomini ________________________________________________________
- We started collecting waste electronic and electrical equipment for recycling last week and today we’ve got 850,000 tonnes of it.
- Make questions to find out about the details.
- A: He’s sent the story back to the studio.
B: When did he send it?
- A: Mum’s gone to Canada to visit her brother Otto at long last.
B: Wow, when _______________________________________________________?
- A: Luke has just bought a new pair of rollerblades.
B: How much ________________________________________________________?
- A: Craig Foster has moved again.
B: Really? Where _____________________________________________________?
- A: I’ve sold my trumpet.
B: Oh no, why ________________________________________________________?
- A: She’s collected a lot of autographs.
B: How many _________________________________________________________?
- A: The news team has dropped three stories.
B: Why ______________________________________________________________?
- A: He’s lived in three different countries.
B: Which ____________________________________________________________?
- A: Beth’s gone to Paris.
A: By plane.
- A: We’ve used lots of mobile phones and computer parts for our WEEE
A: At the recycling centre.
- Complete the sentences with the right form of the verbs in brackets. Use the past simple or the present perfect.
- A new cat café has opened (open) in our street. You can cuddle cats there. Two hundred and fifty people visited (visit) it on the first day.
- A scientific team ___________________ (discover) fossilized bones of a giant snake. It ___________________ (be) about fourteen metres long, it ___________________ (weigh) a tonne and, fortunately, it ___________________ (live) fifty-eight million years ago.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Kate and William) wax figures ___________________ (arrive) at Madame Tussauds, London. A team of thirty people ___________________ (take) four months to complete them.
- A team of surgeons from Manchester ___________________ (use) 3D technologies during an operation. They ___________________ (use) special 3D glasses among other things.
- A 93-year-old woman from Florida ___________________ (drive) the same car for 48 years. She ___________________ (buy) it in 1964 and ___________________ (drive) 900,000 km in it. She ___________________ (stop) driving recently because of her poor eyesight.
- James Cameron, a Hollywood director, ___________________ (dive) to the deepest point on the Earth – about eleven km deep in the Pacific Ocean. He ___________________ (travel) in a specially built submarine. It ___________________ (take) him over two hours to get to the bottom and he ___________________ (stay) on the ocean floor for about four hours to explore it.